Imagine changing one word in your sales copy and it would
increase sales dramatically…
How can you accomplish this? Simply by using the right set
of words and phrases.
It’s been 4 years already since I’ve been marketing online
and the number one skill you can have is writing killer web
But learning how to write great copy takes practice. A lot
During my past online marketing experience I
compiled a list of hundreds of power words and phrases that
I think were really compelling to me.
Each time I came across a great piece of copy I would immediately
write down the words they used that attracted me onto my 49c
Today, I have a great list of jaw-dropping words I can refer
to when I’m writing any type of marketing media such as
The problem is that there’s so much competition in cyber
space. People creating “make money” ebook products, “diet”
ebook products and many more.
A lot of questions from people selling information products
came up, such as:
- How can I separate myself from my competition?
- How can I make my sales copy more irresistible?
- How can I use psychological devices to inspire & persuade people to take action?
The first thing you can do to dramatically increase
conversion rates is change the way you describe and explain
Don’t bore people with overused words and phrases such as
“How to create ebooks in 5 steps”.
Instead, add power words, psychological words, and phrases.
Here’s an example – “How To Easily & Quickly Create A
Winning eBook Using 5 Proven Steps, Guaranteed”.
Can you see the difference?
If this were a product, which one out of the two headlines
would you buy from? Of course the second headline!
- It makes a promise (“Guaranteed”)
- It highlights the main benefit (“Create A Winning ebook”)
- It shows you how easy it is (“Easily & Quickly”)
- It’s concise & specific (“5 proven steps”)
This is just one use of using the power of words and
phrases. This concept can be used on headlines, subject
lines, auction headlines/descriptions, Pay-Per-Click advertising
and any marketing media you could think of.
Here are four easy steps you can take right now to create a
of killer words and phrases for you to refer in the future:
- But a notepad – It doesn’t need to be fancy. I use a 49c notepad I bought from the local grocery store. Or you could use a word processing software such as notepad.
- Keep this notepad next to you at all times when you’re online. If you see a word that sounds appealing, write it down immediately.
- Organize them in alphabetical order. Numbers can also be added to you list. For example 100%.
- If you’re not on your computer and you see a great word, write it down on anything you can find – even a paper towel. Or type it on your mobile phone.
I’m speaking from experience and creating your own ‘list’ of
words and phrases can benefit immensely for your online